Chicken doesn’t have to be boring! In this recipe, chicken breasts get coated in a delicious, selenium-rich breading from the Brazil Nut "Parmesan".
Selenium is a trace element that has a magical effect on our body. Though required in smaller amounts, it is an essential nutrient responsible for maintaining a healthy body. There's no better source of beneficial selenium in the world than Brazil nuts.
The role of Selenium is very important in:
- Proper development and functioning of the brain. This is especially true in the aspects of emotions and thought.
- Functioning of thyroid.
- Proper functioning of the immune system.
- Limiting the damage of the cells.
- Lowering the risk of cancer.
- Lowering the risk of heart disease.
- It is especially very important for the protection of liver. This mineral is mainly stored in the liver and people with liver diseases were found to have lower levels of Selenium in the blood.
These are baked to perfection for a Southern-style crunch that’s as good as fried!