Salted chewy caramels are my guilty pleasure. So, I needed a "healthified" stand-in and created these Salted Caramel Energy Bites.
The star ingredient is medjool dates, which gives these bites a sweet flavor and sticky texture. The cashews provide crunch and heart-healthy fat. The recipe takes only 5 minutes to make. If you keep all four of these ingredients on hand, you can whip up these energy bites as a quick and easy snack or dessert in no time!
These will keep in a freezer for up to three months. Place them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Freeze for an hour and then transfer them into an airtight glass container.
- 1-1⁄2 cup cashews, raw and unsalted
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 tsp sea salt
Make it Like So
- Place cashews in a high-speed blender or food processor and mix on high for about one minute until you've created a fine meal.
- Next, add in dates, vanilla, and sea salt and blend on high for two minutes or until the ingredients form a dough-like consistency. The dough should be similar to raw cookie dough. If too dry, add water by the teaspoon.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop out a heaping spoonful of dough and roll between your hands to create the balls.
- Place them on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet or plate and freeze for an hour. For storage, transfer them into a airtight glass container and freeze.