You know what's actually pretty awesome? Cauliflower. This little nutrient powerhouse can take on so many flavors, and goes especially great with bright, vibrant ingredients.
Did you know cauliflower has the same healthy fats found in salmon and flax seeds (omega-3 fatty acids)? Plus...there's the added bonus of being low in fat and carbs, and high in fibre, protein and phytonutrients.
Last night I roasted some beautiful cauliflower in the oven with chickpeas and added my secret tangy mustard dressing. Roasting cauliflower makes it so unbelievably sweet tasting and packs a high nutritional density.Chickpeas are so high in protein and most of the fibre in chickpeas is insoluble fibre, which is great for digestive health and blood sugar regulation.
It's so good I'm sharing the recipe with you! You can serve cauliflower and chickpea mix over a nice bed of quinoa along with lemon wedges. Yum!
- 1 can (14 oz) garbanzo beans/chickpeas, rinsed, drained and patted dry on a kitchen towel
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- olive oil
- sea Salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- fresh cracked pepper, to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
- MUSTARD DRESSING
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- juice from 1 lemon or 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
Make it Like So
- Preheat oven to roast at 400 degrees. Prepare cauliflower and chickpeas, toss together in a large roasting pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Roast for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or so.
- In a small bowl, prepare your mustard dressing and set aside. You may like to double this recipe and have some to drizzle over top of your plated serving.
- Once roasting is done, let cool a few minutes. While still warm, place cauliflower and chickpeas in a medium size bowl, add dressing and toss. Add in parsley last on top of your portion just before serving. Tastes great warm or at room temperature.
- Serve cauliflower and chickpea mix over a nice bed of quinoa along with lemon wedges.